Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Share & Voice: 1% For the Planet



I found this website as I was looking at the Kleen Kanteen website and ran across the website 1% For the Planet this looked interesting so I check it out, the company began in 2002, and 1% For The Planet has recruited businesses from around the globe to contribute 1% of their sales to environmental groups around the world.

What's there?
It is a place to find companies that are making a bit of an effort to help the environment, I really only found one business in Duluth which is called loll designs and they make environmentally sustainable furniture. You can do a search for different categories. They also have an online store.

Why should we visit it?
I figured if I was going to buy something maybe there would be a business that is more environmentally friendly than another business. The idea that they are making an effort to try and give back to the environment and that some businesses are following suit is maybe an avenue to build on. The video from NBC makes the process sound pretty good.




4 comments:

  1. I went to the Jack Johnson concert in Sommerset, WI this summer. He is apart of the 1% For the Planet program. Cool!!!

    And I also eat Cliff Bars...nice they are too. I hope they donate more than 1% next year..but who knows. Well this is a great post...thank you for the info. I will look for the label now on products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Derek thank you for this!!!
    I didn't know about 1% for the planet and little did I know, the companies and artists (Jack Johnson) I love are supporters of this cause! Cool. YOU RECEIVE AN ENVIRO-COOL AWARD! Pick it up later today! :)

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find! I'd never heard of this before and I think it's excellent! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cool because a lot of my organic stuff always said 1% for the planet and I had no idea what it meant! Thanks for the update and I'm glad I was supporting these companies without even trying=) Cool post! I really liked the first video.

    ReplyDelete

Green Comments Here