Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Reflection: Weeks 15 & 16

Week 15 and 16
During Week 15, we were very fortunate to meet Sue Whitney author and founder of JUNKMARKET. This was a fun experience, I always enjoy meeting people that put themselves out there and are successful. Thanks for the book too that was really nice. It was nice to sit outside and enjoy the sun and discuss what we took from the class. I like everyone else except maybe Sara J learned quite a bit and how important it is to do our own little part.

What struck me the most!
I don't know that I'll ever do anything about it but I was mad a couple times this semester namely at Monsanto and how they treated Canadian
canola farmer Percy Schmeiser who had been saving and developing his own seeds for 40 years. I was also annoyed at the government for the way Cancer Alley is set up and how we aren't protecting the people of our country. I was completely impressed by the Inconvenient Truth as prior to this I was on the fence whether or not global warming was true, well I'm a believer now!

Great Group
I really have to say it was a fun experience getting to know all you young punks and that you all made my coming back to school a good experience. Thank for letting me into your group, Have a Great Summer!

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you had a great time this semester getting back to school. I too was most involved with the Monsanto Corporation story of how they take advantage of small "family" farmers. Monsanto is monopilzing the market and driving small family farms out of buisness. I hope that where ever I get my job after graduation has a local farmers market, so I can support local farms.

    ReplyDelete

Green Comments Here