Thursday, January 29, 2009

Reflection Weeks 1 & 2

I am going to start with the revelation I just had! Although I have been away from school for quite a while (15 years)and have now come back full time with a group of people of which I didn't know anybody, it was nice to come back and see familiar & friendly faces again after the semester break. OK, enough mushy stuff, lets get on with this reflection.

Week 1: Dr. V made a very good point the second class with her rope planet demonstration, in my view, her point was that. 1.They ain't makin' no more land, in fact we are just adding more people to the land we have. 2. If we all are going to live here on this planet and still have a planet for our kids and grand kids we need to find a way to work together to make it last. That's what I took from week one, at least from an environmental standpoint.

Week 2: BLOG, BLOG, BLOG, how can one fairly simple task take up so much of my time!! I have to admit it is kinda fun and the end product is cool, the blogs also make for a good place for us to have a forum to communicate. I have learned a lot about blogging and its seemingly endless amount of tools and gadgets. The other thing that I have found interesting is seeing the rest of the blogs and their creaters personalities show through.

Keep it Green!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey DP,

    15 years... wow that's pretty impressive. Although I'm sure me and you could blog back and forth about hockey all day long, I'm gonna try to focus on environmental health.
    I too really enjoyed the rope exercise. I found she was able to make many points from it. I look forward to learning more and blogging more! Now that I understand it a little better, it's actually kind of fun!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Derek,
    I thought the rope exercise was a fun ice breaker that had some good meaning behind it. This blogging stuff is new to me, but I look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the signature! And you definitely have a grasp of blogging! Please add the blog list gadget. Can't wait to see your upcoming posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Derek,

    I am glad you are in my web group. I hope we can get this blogging thing down. Your blog is very nice. I like all of your gadgets you have.

    ReplyDelete

Green Comments Here